Scott Lowe & Philipp Lenssen
From Germany & UK/ Poland
Press / Business contact:
Anyland is a social virtual reality platform for meetups, chat, exploration, play, prototyping and building. Everything can be created inside VR, with casual, immersive tools that anyone can learn. Anyland includes a powerful natural-language scripting system, allowing behaviour to be added to objects and areas using a guided in-VR editor. Anyland is available for Vive, Oculus, Windows Mixed Reality, and can also be explored via PC and desktop. The community is energetic, friendly and growing, with some users spending 10 hours a day in Anyland, and some having accumulated over 1000 hours altogether.
"What happens if you are born into a universe where you can do anything?" That was the fundamental question behind Manyland, the earlier 2D sibling of Anyland. Launched in 2012 as a labor of love where everyone can draw the world to build it, it grew to over 300,000 registered users and 600,000 areas by now.
When in 2013 and the years following the first new-generation virtual reality devices arrived (from Oculus Rift dev kit 1 to the HTC Vive), the team knew they wanted to offer an open, non-predefined, non-themed sandbox universe for VR too. They started working on Anyland in mid-2016 and released in October that year. By now, over 10,000 areas and 250,000 objects emerged already. The community created art exhibitions, space ships, fantasy scenes, intricate islands and cities, scripted inventions like a calculator or naturally moving arms, and much more.
The team is currently looking for funding for Anyland.
Anyland has a 2D sibling called Manyland.
- An unthemed, persistent universe where no goals are predefined
- The power to quickly do anything
- Casual, intuitive 3D modeling, as no flatscreen abstractions are needed
- A powerful in-VR scripting language
- Realtime textures and particles editing
- Instant meetups and immersive voice chat
Anyland Trailer YouTube
Anyland Shenanigans YouTube
The VR Elevator of Horrors YouTube
Anyland Tutorial YouTube
There are many more images available for Anyland, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- 96% positive reviews on Steam
- "Mind blowing ... So much you can do" -MrLeadFellow
- "Possibly the most addictive, creative and fun thing I have done in VR yet!" -GraphicsMonkey
- "Where all my VR time is going right now ... AMAZING!" -Choates
- "I love it!" -Pendleton Ward, Adventure Time creator
- "This is what you've been waiting for." -Koko969w
Download for free at Steam